Open positions are listed below. Click on the tab of the position you wish to view for a full description.
McMillen Health seeks a Director of Curriculum Development who will be directly responsible for the research, development, communication, evaluation, and training associated with curriculum developed by McMillen Health. The Director of Curriculum Development will communicate regularly with health experts in the given field of research and work closely with the Executive Director and Marketing Director on the development and design of the curriculum. This position will be required to travel regularly, a McMillen Health vehicle will be used 100% of the time. This is a full time, 12-month salaried position and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Design curriculum by reviewing literature from credible sources, distilling appropriate information, planning, implementation and evaluation of said curriculum in a timely manner
- Develop, plan and coordinate curriculum and assessments for the purpose of implementing a standards-based instructional program
- Analyze data for the purpose of improving instructional programs
- Communicate with local and state organizations for the purpose of implementing and maintaining a standards-based curriculum
- Maintains and develops relationships with outside organizations
- Prepare requested reports, presentations, and training
- Attend and present at conferences specific to the developed curriculum which could include out of state travel regularly. Travel varies by conference and training schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with low-income populations
- Ability to develop effective content for a low literacy audience.
- Work independently exercising sound judgment and initiative in implementing tasks and recognizing problems.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Develop, plan, organize, coordinate, promote, and evaluate curriculum
- Working knowledge of content area and standards
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to diverse audiences
- Understand and carry out verbal and written directions
- Actively supports and promotes the organizations strategic and operational plans
- Actively supports all efforts to increase cooperation, communication, and collaboration between and among staff members and volunteers
- Understands importance of seeking resolution to issues by working toward a solution in a timely manner
- Seeks to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of McMillen Health operations with positive and creative approaches to challenges
- Demonstrates sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Attends meetings (internally and externally) as scheduled
- Continually seeks and accepts opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Ability to get along with co-workers and deal with the general public tactfully, courteously and professionally
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Masters in Curriculum Design and Development, Public Health Education, Education, Health, or related field, minimum;
- Three or more years experience in program/curriculum development
- Three or more years experience in evaluation and research
- Three or more years of experience working with low literacy populations
- Working knowledge and experience in the following computer applications: Word, Excel or Database applications, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demand and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and moderate lifting. Must be able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time. Ability to perform repetitive motion of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Specific vision abilities include the capability of viewing computer monitor for long periods of time. Lift and move heavy items, such as boxes containing books and other materials (up to 30 lbs). Requires hearing within the normal range for telephone use.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000
Please note: McMillen Health does not offer health insurance, as we are a small non-profit.
Thank you for your interest in working for McMillen Health! While we may not always be hiring, please feel free to submit your resume and we will contact you if you are the right fit for the job.