Director of Marketing and Communications – Full-Time
McMillen Health’s mission is to provide vital, effective preventive health education that promotes physical, emotional, and social well-being. We believe in education today for a healthy tomorrow.
McMillen Health is a leader in health education for students of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds – we are the oldest remaining independently operated health education center in the nation. Despite some health education organizations struggling to keep afloat, McMillen Health continues to see growth after 40 years!
Besides direct health education programming for classrooms, we also create curricula, video content, and other media for use by partner organizations. Therefore, McMillen Health is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications who will develop and implement a marketing plan, build brand awareness, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work closely with the Director of Educational Resources to develop coordinated efforts for the Brush Oral Health Program, aid in identifying the organization’s potential customers, develop content and media for social postings, send regular Constant Contact emails and press releases as needed, take lead on special event planning, work closely with designers and videographers for all marketing pieces. This full-time salaried position reports directly to the Executive Director. The position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Work closely with Executive Director and other Director level staff to coordinate marketing and communication projects within required time constraints.
- Create, manage, and revise marketing and communication pieces including but not limited to:
- Print – (i.e. brochures, booklets)
- Web pages, e-mails
- Social media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Press releases and media alerts
- Collaborate with team to devise creative concepts and solutions
- Manage and coordinate special events and fundraising campaigns
- Actively expand awareness of McMillen Health offerings and news through digital and print marketing
- Ensure all marketing and communications materials have consistent and positive messaging and branding
- Conduct quality control on all communications
- Develop relationships with media outlets and other organizations
- Demonstrates sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple assignments on time
- Maintains strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Continually seeks and accepts opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Actively supports all efforts to increase cooperation, communication, and collaboration between and among staff members
- Understands the importance of seeking a resolution to issues by working toward a solution promptly
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (CC – Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, online content management systems (WordPress, Constant Contact)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Past work with digital marketing forms like content marketing and social media
- Problem solver
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexible work style, with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Highly organized, with the ability to track and monitor multiple projects
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with co-workers and stakeholders
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage workload, advising supervisor of significant issues
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
Do you think this may be your dream job? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter today by clicking apply.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demand and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and moderate lifting. Must be able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time. Ability to perform the repetitive motion of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Specific vision abilities include the capability of viewing computer monitor for long periods of time. Strength requirements include the ability to lift and move heavy items, such as boxes containing books and other materials (up to 30 lbs.). Requires hearing within the normal range for telephone use.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
*Please note, this is a salaried position ranging from $45,000-$55,000 per year and does not include medical/health insurance benefits.
Health Educator – Full-time
McMillen Health provides engaging, interactive, fact-based health education around the world serving as many as 90,000 individuals in a year. Educational topics include general health; nutrition and fitness; drug, alcohol, and tobacco prevention; oral health; teen pregnancy and drug prevention; social and emotional health; disease prevention and early detection; and human growth and development. With a staff of 22, McMillen Health offers the benefits of a small team culture along with the satisfaction of having a positive impact on those we serve.
McMillen Health is seeking a professional, creative, and energetic health educator to teach health education programs in-person and utilizing distance learning via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and Google Meets. The successful applicant will hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, community health, health science or other health-related field and will have 2 years of teaching experience.
This position will involve some day travel throughout Northeast Indiana with McMillen vehicles or mileage reimbursement.
- Learn and present multiple health education programs to various groups aged PreK thru Senior Adults
- Design curriculum under the guidance of the Director of Educational Services and in conjunction with team members
- Adapt commercially available curriculum to ensure they are age and culturally appropriate
- Identify opportunities for development of new programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of successful teaching experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience in the following: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and Google Meets.
- Driver’s license required
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, health, nursing, or related field
- Teaching License or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
Do you think this may be your dream job? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and moderate lifting. Must be able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand while actively presenting up to 7, 45-minute presentations per day. Ability to perform repetitive motion of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Specific vision abilities include the capability of viewing computer monitor for long
periods of time. Lift and move heavy items, such as boxes containing books and other materials (up to 30 lbs.). Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel regularly for programming provided throughout Northeast Indiana.
*Please note, this is a salaried, 9-month, position starting at $18.00-$20.00 per hour/$30,240 – $33,600 and does not include medical benefits.