Health Educator — Full-time
McMillen Health provides engaging, interactive, fact-based health education around the world serving as many as 90,000 individuals in a year. Educational topics include general health; nutrition and fitness; drug, alcohol, and tobacco prevention; oral health; teen pregnancy and drug prevention; social and emotional health; disease prevention and early detection; and human growth and development. With a staff of 22, McMillen Health offers the benefits of a small team culture along with the satisfaction of having a positive impact on those we serve.
McMillen Health is seeking a professional, creative, and energetic health educator to teach health education programs in-person and utilizing distance learning via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and Google Meets. The successful applicant will hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, community health, health science or other health-related field and will have 2 years of teaching experience.
This position will involve some day travel throughout Northeast Indiana with McMillen vehicles or mileage reimbursement.
- Learn and present multiple health education programs to various groups aged PreK thru Senior Adults
- Design curriculum under the guidance of the Director of Educational Services and in conjunction with team members
- Adapt commercially available curriculum to ensure they are age and culturally appropriate
- Identify opportunities for development of new programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of successful teaching experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience in the following: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and Google Meets.
- Driver’s license required
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, health, nursing, or related field
- Teaching License or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
Do you think this may be your dream job? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and moderate lifting. Must be able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand while actively presenting up to 7, 45-minute presentations per day. Ability to perform repetitive motion of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Specific vision abilities include the capability of viewing computer monitor for long
periods of time. Lift and move heavy items, such as boxes containing books and other materials (up to 30 lbs.). Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to travel regularly for programming provided throughout Northeast Indiana.
*Please note, this is a salaried, 9-month, position starting at $18.00-$20.00 per hour/$30,240 – $33,600 and does not include medical benefits.