MARKETING ASSISTANT – Full-time
The Marketing Assistant is a full-time/exempt employee of the Center who reports to the Marketing Director. This associate is responsible for assisting in the marketing efforts of McMillen Health. This associate will assist in the creation of marketing materials and campaigns for print, web, and video using design software in a PC environment. The associate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to adhere to a fast-paced environment and be flexible to handle the changes that come with a growing not for profit, focused on preventive health education.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Production of marketing, communications, and web-ready materials that support McMillen’s goals and objectives. Strong skills in graphic design are required and video editing capabilities are desired.
- Work closely with Marketing Director and other Director level staff to coordinate marketing and communication projects within required time constraints
- Provide assistance to the Media Specialist as needed
- Create and revise marketing and communication pieces including but not limited to:
- print – (i.e. brochures, booklets)
- web pages, e-mails (Constant Contact)
- social media (Instagram, Facebook)
- press releases and media alerts
- Prepare and revise presentations and other materials used in education
- Coordinate communications with outside vendors such as printers
- Coordinate with team and vendors to devise creative concepts and solutions
- Assist with special events and fundraising campaigns
- Actively expand awareness of McMillen Health offerings and news through digital and print marketing
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, marketing or related field.
A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
Associate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (CC – Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, online content management systems (WordPress, Constant Contact), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Strong organization skills and attention to detail required. Must have good typography, layout design and production skills with knowledge of standard commercial printing processes. Illustration capabilities are desirable. Some working knowledge of HTML and videography are a plus. The ability to write, proofread, multi-task, work independently or as part of a team is essential.
*Please note, this is a salaried position starting at $15.00-$17.00 per hour and does not include medical benefits.