Health Educator – Full Time
McMillen Health is seeking a professional and energetic health educator to teach health education programs in both face-to-face and interactive videoconferencing teaching formats. The successful applicant will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in education, community health, health science or other health-related field and will have 2 years of teaching experience.
This position is a 10 month position, 40 hours per week and will involve travel up to 150 miles from the Center. McMillen Health vehicles will be used for 99% of the travel.
- Learn multiple health education programs and present them to the general community, school groups, businesses, and not-for-profit community groups
- Design assigned curriculum by reviewing literature from credible sources, distilling appropriate information, planning, implementation and evaluation of said curriculum in a timely manner
- Adapt commercially available curriculum on specific topic to health program presentation compatible with the formats currently offered
- Design and execute actual program presentation including visuals, graphics, activities and other learning strategy needs
- Identify opportunities for development of new programs
- Act in the capacity of staff support for appropriate committees within the Center as directed by the Director of Education & Curriculum
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, health, nursing, or related field
- Teaching License or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
- Two years’ experience teaching
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience in the following computer applications: Word, Excel, Database applications, PowerPoint, internet usage, email
Physical demands include walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and moderate lifting. Must be able to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time. Ability to perform repetitive motion of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Specific vision abilities include the capability of viewing computer monitor for long periods of time. Lift and move heavy items, such as boxes containing books and other materials (up to 30 lbs). Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
Job Type: Full-time, 10 months per year
*Please note, this is a 10-month per year salaried position starting at $16.00/hr and does not include medical benefits.
Please visit Indeed.com to apply for this position.